- Legal Name: Addis Hiwot Integrated Sustainable Development Organization
- Fundraising Since: 21 feb 2022
- Registraition number: 445
Addis Hiwot Integrated Sustainable Development Organization (AHISDO) is a non profit making, non-political, non-secular and non-government organization that is operating in Kirkos Sub-City, Woreda 05 in two merged former Kebeles of 08/09 which is found in the Southwestern part of Addis Ababa City Administration. Initially, it was established as a community-based organization (CBO) that took over responsibility from IHA/UDP in 2005.
Moreover, since 2009, AHISDO had been registered and licensed as an Ethiopian Residents Charity in accordance with the former Charities and Societies Agency’s Registration Proclamation No. 621/2009.
2. General And Specific Objectives
2.1 General Objective of the Project
The general objective is to improve the well-being of orphaned, vulnerable and underprivileged children & Elderly in the slum communities by addressing unfulfilled supplementary support and also to improve and meet the psychological, social and basic needs of the helpless and neediest people by using participatory approach.
2.2 Specific Objectives
A) Child Sponsorship Programme
i. To provide supplementary materials support, sanitary including COVID – 19 protective materials to 150 orphaned and vulnerable and other needy children (F 88 & M 62) in Woreda 05 of Kirkos Sub-City by fulfilling their basic needs during the project period.
ii. To keep 150 orphaned and other most destitute children in the target area to change their life condition through education by the end of the project.
b) Old People Support
· To enable the existing 51 (F 41 & M 10) most destitute helpless (bedridden and mobile)old people to live their lives with some comfort and dignity from Woreda 05 in Kirkos Sub-City community by the end of one year.
· To create awareness among the local community in the Woreda 05 on the Care and Support the most deprived and bedbound old persons during the project period.
· Pay regularly (every month) house rents and “Idir” fee payments for 19 elderly (F16 & M 3)
Child Sponsorship & Old People Support
· Being with related government partners identify & select orphaned and vulnerable children (OVC) and other the most destitute children from the poorest families.
· Provide unfulfilled supplementary basic needs of materials, sanitary materials and deliver health support as need arise to 150 existing and elderly (pay house rent and ‘’Ider” ).
Whatever you choose, thank you!
1. Background Addis Hiwot Integrated Sustainable Development Organization (AHISDO) is a non profit making, non-political, non-secular and non-government organization that is operating in Kirkos Sub-City, Woreda 05 in two merged former Kebeles of 08…